|Test||FACTOR VIII INHIBITOR ASSAY, PORCINE, PLASMA|
|Methodology||Automated Clot-Based Assay|
|Description||Useful for detecting the presence and titer of a factor inhibitor directed against porcine Factor VIII.|
|Specimen||Collect specimen as follows:
1. Draw blood in light blue-top (3.2% sodium citrate) tube(s). Separate plasma from cells within 1 hour of collection in a centrifuge at 2,500 rpm for 15 minutes or 3,000 rpm for 10 minutes.
2. Using a plastic transfer pipette (do not use a glass pipette) decant the plasma to a screw-capped, plastic (polypropylene) vial. (Glass vials will not be accepted.)
3. Divide the specimen into as many 0.5 - 1.0 mL aliquots as possible and cap the vial(s) tightly.
4. Freeze specimen(s) immediately at <= - 40º C.
5. Send specimen(s) FROZEN on dry ice.
|Reference Values||< 0.6 BIU/mL|
|Analytic Time||1 Day|
|Day(s) Test Set Up||Available upon request Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.|