|Test||VAGINITIS DNA PANEL|
|Description||Detects and identifies the presence of Candida albicans, Candida glabrata, Trichomonas vaginalis, and clinically significant levels of Gardnerella vaginalis often found in samples from patients with vaginosis/vaginitis. The detection of any of these organisms coupled with other clinical findings will aid the physician in the diagnosis of vaginitis/vaginosis.|
|Specimen||VAGINAL SWAB (Preferred Female Specimen):
Collect using the cobas® PCR Sample Collection Kit,(Yellow top) M4, or UTM
1. Insert dry swab into vagina and rotate 10-30 seconds to ensure adequate sampling.
2. Transfer swab into the tube and break the shaft at the scored line.
3. Leave swab in the transport medium and replace the tube cap securely to prevent leaking.(Cause for rejection: receipt of transport medium with no swab.)
4. Label the transport tube according to policy and transport to the lab for testing.
**SPECIMEN SOURCE IS REQUIRED ON REQUEST FORM FOR PROCESSING**.
5. Transport specimen to lab refrigerated.
URINE (Accepted, but not preferred specimen type)
|Analytic Time||1 Day; Maximum Laboratory Time - 4 Days|
|Day(s) Test Set Up||Monday, Wednesday, Friday|
87481 Candida Albicans
87481 Candida Glabrata
87511 Gardnerella Vaginalis
87661 Trichomonas Vaginalis